The culinary team in Orlando has been making waves since the resort’s opening in 2014. Recently, Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi was featured in a full-page article of People magazine, which shared his recipe for Pan con Tomate on the Capa menu. After cooking at the James Beard House in New York this past November, and welcoming an incredible guest chef dinner in December featuring numerous James Beard Award wining guest chefs, here’s what’s coming up next for the creative culinary team.
2017 Guest Chef Dinners
Feb. 23- Greg Richie from Orlando’s popular SoCo restaurant in Thornton park will come to Capa for an intimate dinner in the private dining room, $185 per person, tax and gratuity included.
March 9- George Millotes, master sommelier, from Wine Bar George opening this summer at Disney Springs will present a wine pairing dinner with Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi on the Ravello terrace. $170 per person, tax and gratuity included.
Additional special guest chef dinners to be announced.
Serves – 4-6
1/2 oz Fresh Basil (approx. 15 basil leaves)
12 Roma Tomatoes
1 Clove Garlic
2 oz Cepa Vieja (or aged sherry vinegar)
2 oz Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we enjoying using Arbequina Olive Oil)
Salt to taste
- Core tomatoes and halve
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in food processor, pulse until fine
- Place pulp (tomato and garlic mix) into a fine strainer and use a ladle to press excess liquid
- Move the pulp into a mixing bowl and season with Cepa Vieja, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt
- Cut the Baguette into desired size, brush with oil
- Grill the bread evenly on both sides, we are looking for slightly toasted (grill on an outdoor grill or if you do not have a grill, a toaster or oven broiler can work)
- Spread the tomato pulp over bread
- Garnish with torn basil and a little move Extra Virgin Olive Oil